Kashmir: A Trip To Paradise

I have traveled several times in different locations of Kashmir and I think it was the best experiences ever.  A lots of places to see, a lot’s of activities to do, shopping options especially for Pashmina Shawls, Leather Jackets, Paper Mashie Crafts, Woolen shawls,  amazing cuisine to try out, wonderful hospitality and many more, this is how I can describe my experience in Kashmir in short.

Some of the interesting places to see are: Srinagar City, Gulmarg, Pahalgam, Aru, Chandanwari, Betab Valley, Tulip Garden and more.  It would be difficult for me to choose my favorite place from these as each one of these places have its own uniqueness.
Shikara ride in Dal lake
Shikara Ride in Dal lake [Source]
The activities you can enjoy in these places are boating around the Dal Lake in Srinagar city. Try staying at the house boat if you really want to experience the beautiful peaceful environment in these house boats which are located just adjacent of the world famous Dal Lake.

There are a lot’s of gardens that you can visit in Srinagar. Botanical Garden is one of the biggest and most peaceful one out of all. If you have special interest in Tulip flowers then you cannot miss the Tulip Garden Festival which is held in the month of March-April for a few days. Entry fee of Rs. 50 is to be paid for seeing this beautiful garden.
Nishat Bagh, Kashmir
Nishat Bagh [source]
Golf, you cannot miss to play golf in Srinagar if you are a golf lover and are visiting Kashmir. The Spring Golf Course has been awarded as one of the most beautiful Golf Courses in Asia and it is indeed worth that award. Though I don’t play golf but I visited this place and it was worth the visit. A totally recommended place for golfers.

The Aru Horse Trek, I can say this was one of the most memorable and beautiful experience I ever had of Kashmir. I went with a group of friends in the month of September. The weather was awesome, not too cold and not too hot.
pahalgam valley
Pahalgam Valley [source]
Palahalgam is another awesome place which you cannot miss to travel to. Though not much activities to do in Pahalgam but a lot’s of places to visit nearby like Aru, Chandwari, Betab Valley etc. They also have a small Golf Course in Pahalgam.

Visit to the most famous place Gulmarg. Winters is the best time to visit Gulmarg, especially if you like skiing or just want to take a Gandola ride or just watch the beautiful snow hills.

Chandanawri, is another awesome trek or pony ride that you can enjoy. You can go to this trek from Pahalgam.

Betab Valley, this is the first place I visited in 2007 and I must say that I was in love with this place. I felt like in heaven after being to these places. I didn’t want to go back home, just wanted to construct a small hut of my own in Betab Valley and live there forever.  I again visited this place in 2012 and I almost cried out looking out at how this place had changed since 2007 due to many constructions of cemented roads going on at this place.
Kashmiri Food
Kashmiri Food [source]
Lastly Kashmiri food, I cannot just forget to mention the food experience in Kashmir which was best of all. They have this mouth-watering food called Wazwan which is especially served during wedding or ceremonies. Though it’s a bit heavy, spice, oily but I want to have it again.

On the road sides of Dal Lake I got to try Tujj, (mutton based barbe-q) and “yummy” I can say it as one of the tastiest street food I ever had. It is unique taste and I want to have it again and again….

Though a lots of places to visit in Kashmir, I mentioned only a few here. Apart from the travel activities, I was really excited to try out some Pashmina Shawls and some dry fruits which are really famous in Kashmir.
Share on Google Plus

About DevendraFarswan

1 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture!! Very nice post, there are many places to visit in Kashmir, and all the places are very beautiful. Thanks for sharing this information. Book Your Kashmir Tour Packages

    ReplyDelete